Thursday, July 30, 2009

j'aime le chocolat

I'm remember how a friend of mine suggested a year ago that I should blog about teas and chocolate; since I'm a connoisseur and have a kitchen drawer full of teas (seriously)! So, here's my first review of a new Parisian chocolat that I bought from Whole Paycheck (Whole Foods) just the other day:

Michel Cluizel Noir au Cafe dark chocolate bar:
http://www.chocolatetradingco.com/magazine.asp?section=42&id=109

I adore dark chocolate for it's subtitle bitterness, and it's even better when there is coffee added into the equation! However, this bar is rather disappointing. Even though it smells lovely and has good texture, the flavor is just not quite right. I didn't taste the coffee very much and it's a lot more bitter than what I would expect from a 60% cocoa dark. Michel Cluizel Noir au Cafe gets a 2.5 stars (out of 5) from me.

For a better use of your chocolate funds, check out Mo's Milk Chocolate Bacon Bar, by
vosges chocolate; also available at whole paycheck for the same price ($5.99):
http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/bacon_exotic_candy_bar

Ooo, I just noticed that vosges chocolate recently lauched a dark version of the bacon bar -- how exciting!
http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/mos_dark_chocolate_bacon_bar/bacon_and_chocolate

I must try it soon and will report back! I love bacon -- it tastes good with everything! I even bought a button (gave it to the bf) at the SF Renegade Craft Fair a couple of weeks ago that reads: "I love you more than bacon".

2 comments:

  1. Will the cat get a "I love you more than bacon or chocolate." button?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No because he wouldn't care if he got 1 or not...

    ReplyDelete