Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cartier and America at the Legion of Honor

Last Tuesday, I took advantage of Free Admissions Day (special exhibit fee still apply) at San Francisco museums, and visited the Legion of Honor inside Lincoln Park for the Cartier and America exhibit.



It's been over 10 since I've to Legion of Honor; I forgot how astonishingly beautiful this museum truly is! I felt as if I stepped inside another world, and left the hustle and bustle of the city behind me (literally).


The Cartier exhibit is an impressive collection of sketches, photos /painting of patrons, and of course, actual Cartier piece (behind a glass case of course). Photography is prohibited, but I sneaked one in anyway (flash off of course, with Palm Pixi phone cam): the Star of South Africa necklace. Shhh, don't tell on me!



The proof that I was there!



My favorite part of the exhibit are actually the colored pencil sketches of various pieces. Some of the actual pieces looks almost flake and or costume-like. I even overheard a lady asking her husband if the piece we viewed is really aquamarine because it looked like glass to her... LOL! There is also a very informative behind the scenes video of how a parrot theme necklace is painstakingly created from beginning to finish; which made me better appreciate Cartier's exquisite craftsmanship.

I'd highly recommend visiting the Legion of Honor if you get a chance, and Cartier exhibit (ends April 18, 2010) is
magnificently curated.



I'll be posting more photos from my visit on my flickr stream next week. :)

3 comments:

  1. hi ur necklaces r pretty but u might want a dfrnt model neck looks wrinklee

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I guess I need to work on photoshoping my photos even more -- that's actually my neck in the photos. It can be hard to coordinate time with friends sit as my models; so it's just easier to use myself. Thank you Brena for your comment and suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cheap omega watches designs increasingly get more creative every season. With only a fraction of the cost you will find cheap christmas gifts at the designer's retail boutiques, you can have a taste of luxury women rolex watches without depleting your bank account. Many online retailers offer the latest luxury discount gucci handbags finds at discount prices. But you must proceed with caution, and only buy chanel classic bag from reputable retailers,

    ReplyDelete